GEB PCIe Fpga card is the flexible solution to interface many equipments to a PC. To make it easy, a two pieces solution has been applied, splitting the interface on two boards paired in a sandwich, by a santa cruz header connectors.
The board, PCIE FPGA, will achieve logic function, appropriately programmed it will host the protocols of interface, standard or customized to the application.
The second one will be daughter board, a simple electrical interface board. It will host the glue logic needed to meet the interfaced system specification such as, RS232, RS485, LVDS
The santa cruz connector, using short header terminals, allows to put the boards sandwich in two PC slots.
- PCI Express (PCIe) standard size
- Up to 53 user I/O digital channels, 3.3V LVTTL standard, each one with independent sense, drive, bi-directional, and tri-state capabilities.
- Up to 2 user output clocks signals (1 with dedicated PLL), 3.3V LVTTL standard.
- One user input clocks signal, 3.3V LVTTL standard, with dedicated PLL
- Single 3.3 V power supply voltage.
- Wake up support
- User available resources on FPGA EP4CGX30BF14C6N:
- 29440LE, 1080Kbits RAM, 4xPLLs, 80xMult.18X18
- Boot device
- 1 Power supply monitor and reset circuities.
- One Test Access Ports (TAPs).
- On board crystal oscillator
- Fully-compatible to JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 boundary-scan standard Altera USB blaster connector on front panel
- Optional 2MBytes SRAM module